FIFTEENTH STREET MONTHLY MEETING
RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS
15 Rutherford Place, New York, NY 10003
Telephone (212) 475-0466
DRAFT AGENDA OF THE MEETING FOR WORSHIP WITH A CONCERN FOR BUSINESS
· Ann Kjellberg presents a request that Friends contribute to an informational dossier on property and space issues.
· Request for release from service (Juan Alduey, Nominating Committee, Peace Committee)
· TBA for Property Committee (first reading)
· TBA for Budget and Collections and Greeting Committees (first reading)
· TBA for Ministry and Worship Committee (first reading)
· Glenn, Samantha and Charlotte Luckjiff request membership.
· Pastoral Care recommends approving the transfer of Ann Kjellberg’s membership from North Sandwich Monthly Meeting (NEYM) to Fifteenth Street Monthly Meeting.
· The Peace Committee requests $500 from the Witness Fund to provide partial payment for food and security services for the Alternatives to Violence workshop to be held in the Meetinghouse Sept. 28-30. Participants in the workshop have been invited from committees involved with concerns of property use in the Quarter with the hope of fostering trust and cooperation in our continuing interactions. Funds will also be raised by the Peace Committee, and other committees of the Quarter will be asked to donate.
· George Fisher will present an addendum to the Care Committee Report prepared for the July 8 2012 Meeting.
· John Edminster’s presentation about Friends United Meeting’s 40 Days of Prayer for the Future of Friends (October 10 to November 18, 2012), including John's proposals (a) that we accept the FUM staff's offer to pray for our Meeting and (b) that we declare ourselves a participating meeting in the 40 Days of Prayer.
· November/December craft fair for Death Penalty Abolition Committee
· John Edminster reports on Summer Sessions at NYYM
· Charles Sirey reports on progress on his plan to improve hospitality.
Reports scheduled to be heard in October:
· Property committee, committee room and e-mail contact; treasurer’s third quarter report, including collections.
· FGC presentation about Quaker Quest at Poughkeepsie Meeting, October 6
· NYYM’s Budget Saturday, October 13
· November 9-11, Fall Sessions of NYYM
September, October Social Hour Rotation: September: Death Penalty Abolition, Directory, Friends in Unity with Nature; October: Library, Greeting.